Modules: a choice of teacher-trainer led modules to pilot with student teachers in Spring 2019. Flexible implementation at local level to integrate into existing programmes, term dates and assessments. Including two ‘live to air' sessions for international collaboration. Teacher trainer staff hub and student teacher hub to support.
Participation is open to universities and organisations training future student teachers in primary and secondary.
Read the ITELab Staff Hub for more module details.
MOOC: A short practical course for future teachers everywhere, designed to accompany their training – certificated, online, free. The MOOC helps student teachers become networked teachers, learning about collaborative and active approaches to teaching and learning, sharing ideas with student teachers from across Europe. The MOOC starts on 25th February 2019.
Read the MOOC Syllabus here.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST, email ITELab project manager: email@example.com
An online briefing for universities was held on Thursday 22nd November 2018, for all interested universities training student teachers, about joining the collaboration with ITELab and participating with the other universities (or observing with a view to future participation) in the ITELab spring 2019 pilots.
The briefing was led by Dr. Conor Galvin, Director of Graduate Studies at University College Dublin on the co-designed modules and Bart Verswijvel, Senior Pedagogical Adviser of the Future Classroom Lab, on the student teacher MOOC . Sharing experiences on the value of the collaboration for both primary and secondary student teachers along with implementation plans for the Spring 2019 pilots were Professor David Leat (Newcastle University), Dr. Massimo Cimichella (University of Perugia), Dr. Susana Colaço ( Polytechnic Institute of Santarém) and Dr. Eli-Maire Danbolt Drange (University of Agder).
Beta pilots of the modules and MOOC were carried out in Autumn 2017/Spring 2018, with ITELab partner universities (University of Agder, University College Dublin, University of Newcastle, University of Perugia, Polytechnic Institute of Santarém) and their student teachers:
- Click on each picture to listen to what the student teachers have to say about their experience:
University College Dublin leads the development of introductory modules for use with students in initial teacher education settings. These cover ideas and activities that will be useful to student teachers in the early stages of their career. The focus throughout is on digital pedagogical capacity building, with the emphasis on practical classroom application.
- Listen to Dr. Conor Galvin welcoming all universities to get involved in the pilots.
- Review the ITELab staff hub that UCD is building to support all universities teaching ITELab modules in Spring 2019 as he teaches the first module with his student teachers.
This short course aims to help student teachers become a ‘networked teacher', developing their pedagogical digital competence, learning about collaborative and active approaches to teaching and learning and connecting with fellow student teachers from across Europe to share ideas and build your future professional learning network
- Listen to the Introduction to the ITELab MOOC for student teachers by MOOC lead, Bart Verswijvel, Future Classroom Lab Pedagogical Advisor, European Schoolnet
- Take a look at the beta pilot, Spring 2018 version of The Networked Teacher. It is being updated to include more practical tools and activities for both primary and secondary student teachers.