Modules: a choice of teacher-trainer led modules to pilot with student teachers in Spring 2019. Flexible implementation at local level to integrate into existing programmes, term dates and assessments. Including two ‘live to air' sessions for international collaboration. Teacher trainer staff hub and student teacher hub to support.
Participation is open to universities and organisations training future student teachers in primary and secondary.
Read the ITELab Staff Hub for more module details.
MOOC: A short practical course for future teachers everywhere, designed to accompany their training – certificated, online, free. The MOOC helps student teachers become networked teachers, learning about collaborative and active approaches to teaching and learning, sharing ideas with student teachers from across Europe. The MOOC starts on 25th February 2019.
Read the MOOC Syllabus here.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST, email ITELab project manager: email@example.com
Beta pilots of the modules and MOOC were carried out in Autumn 2017/Spring 2018, with ITELab partner universities (University of Agder, University College Dublin, University of Newcastle, University of Perugia, Polytechnic Institute of Santarém) and their student teachers:
- Listen to what the student teachers have to say about their experience:
University College Dublin leads the development of introductory modules for use with students in initial teacher education settings. These cover ideas and activities that will be useful to student teachers in the early stages of their career. The focus throughout is on digital pedagogical capacity building, with the emphasis on practical classroom application.
- Listen to Dr Conor Galvin welcoming all universities to get involved in the pilots.
- Review the ITELab staff hub that UCD is building to support all universities teaching ITELab modules in Spring 2019 as he teaches the first module with his student teachers.
This short course aims to help student teachers become a ‘networked teacher', developing their pedagogical digital competence, learning about collaborative and active approaches to teaching and learning and connecting with fellow student teachers from across Europe to share ideas and build your future professional learning network
- Listen to the Introduction to the ITELab MOOC for student teachers by MOOC lead, Bart Verswijvel, Future Classroom Lab Pedagogical Advisor, European Schoolnet
- Take a look at the beta pilot, Spring 2018 version of The Networked Teacher. It is being updated to include more practical tools and activities for both primary and secondary student teachers.